Thursday, July 22, 2010

The obsession continues, and grows




So after finishing that mammoth King sized quilt I knew I wouldn't be making any more big quilts on my little sewing machine. My two youngest boys however had watched me making the quilt for their big brother and now decided they had to have their own quilts made by mom. Since they were only 3 & 4 years old at the time, I knew I could make smaller quilts and I thought I could manage those. I had been collecting Nascar fabrics for some time as the boys loved Nascar and I had made them several outfits from those fabrics - which they seldom got to wear because they were cotton and required ironing - I don't iron - so again I am not sure whatever possessed me but they sure were cute when they did get to wear them. Anyway, we collected all of the Nascar fabrics and started laying them out to see how they could be put together. Many of the pieces were pillow panels so we had a basic size square to work with, and I cut the other fabrics into squares the same size. I fussy cut the flame strips out of another fabric for the sashing and pieced the back with a picture panel piece bordered by checkered flag fabric. Once again the quilting leaves a lot to be desired, but the boys both love their Nascar quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment